Sustainable use of north-west marine ecosystems
Program leader: Hamish Jolly
This program focuses on the sustainable development of marine resources in north-west Australia.
- Determining impacts of known and emerging contaminants.
- Design of a regional assessment and monitoring plan and gap analysis tool for NW Australia.
- Develop and test a predictive model of benthic communities on reefs and shoals.
- Region-wide analysis of fauna abundance, distribution and critical areas with a focus on breeding, nesting, calving grounds and nursery areas.
- Current and emerging contaminants.
- Monitoring and modelling NW ecosystems.
- Abundance and distribution of megafauna.