About this exciting Opportunity
Our Instrument Technician contributes to the successful development and operation of the National Sea Simulator though the maintenance and calibration of the suite of instruments and lighting systems that are currently installed throughout the facility. In this role, you will assist the Instrument and Controls Technician in maintaining a database of all instruments and lighting assets held within the National Sea Simulator, including maintenance and calibration details. You will contribute to research outcomes through applying knowledge of instrumentation in the development of novel experimental aquarium systems and supporting the day-to-day operation of systems.
Relying on your electrical and/or instrumentation qualifications and/or relevant equivalent experience you will have the capacity to demonstrate your capabilities for installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and calibrating instruments associated with control systems. You will have proven your ability to solve complex technical problems associated with control instrumentation, related hardware and electronic systems which will enable you to support the day-to-day operation of systems, including experimental setups as required.
As a member of a multi-disciplinary team that values diversity while ensuring the achievement of AIMS’ goals and objectives, you will be willing and able to participate in work roster system that includes non-standard hours, weekend and public holiday work and on-call when required.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions. In line with our Enterprise Agreement, the successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- AIMS AOF Level 3 Enhanced salary ($68,759 to $86,200 per annum) plus 15.4% superannuation
- Full-time, 3-year Fixed Term opportunity
- Located in Townsville (Qld). Commuter car arrangements to site
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible Work Arrangements considered (including tele-working where possible)
- Generous leave provisions
- Free Onsite Gym and Optional Fitness passport
- Relocation Assistance available
1. Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies.
2. It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note the sighting of proof of vaccination will be required as a pre commencement requirement.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the position description, which is included in the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully the deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find a link to our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description, which are detailed in the Candidate Information Pack.
Submitting your Application:
Please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, resume and cover letter) ready to attach to your online application form via our e-recruitment system which can be accessed via the "apply now" button below.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries are to be directed to Steve Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: FRIDAY, 27 JANUARY 2023 (9AM, AEST).