Health Safety and Environment Officer
About this exciting opportunity
The AIMS’ Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Officer is a key member of our HSE team who are striving to ensure a safe workplace for our people and partnering with them to facilitate and advise on a range of processes relating to working in a safe way. AIMS holds that safe science is good science. Primarily this role is responsible for providing support and expertise to the HSE team by performing routine administration and coordination of HSE initiatives and processes. The role of the HSE officer actively participates in reviewing, scheduling and tracking compliance along with facilitating HSE objectives. You will be operating in a fast-paced environment and provide support to the HSE team with risk and incident management and manage HSE records in accordance with AIMS’ Record Management procedures.
Relying on your formal Occupational Health and Safety qualifications and demonstrated experience in providing support you will work with the HSE team in supporting AIMS personnel and delivering on operational business objectives. Your excellent time management and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise work demands will enable you to advance HSE initiatives, processes and systems in support.
Drawing on your communication skills you will foster collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and bring a sound knowledge of health and safety legislation, standards of best practice and application of these across a varied risk profile.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions. In line with our Enterprise Agreement, the successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- AIMS AOF Level 3 salary ($70,822 to $79,801 per annum) plus 15.4% superannuation
- Full-time, Temporary Labour hire opportunity up to 31 January 2025
- Located in Townsville, Queensland. Commuter car arrangements to site available
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible Work Arrangements considered (including tele-working where possible)
- Generous leave provisions
- Free onsite gym
- Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies.
- AIMS strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whilst it is not currently a mandatory requirement for this role, AIMS reserves the right to review its position and policy on mandatory vaccinations. It may therefore become a mandatory requirement for this role in the future.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the position description, which is included in the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully the deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find a link to our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description.
Submitting your application:
Please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, resume and cover letter) ready to attach to your online application form via our e-recruitment system which can be accessed via the "apply now" button below.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries are to be directed to Tanya Hoey, Health Safety and Environmental Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday, 26 February 2024 (midnight, AEST).