About this Exciting Opportunity
Now is a fantastic time to join our ICT Services team, as we work to ensure the protection of AIMS information and improve service alignment with business needs. To support this your focus will be to develop, manage and maintain AIMS Enterprise Storage and Virtual Server Environments, ensuring a high level of consistent service stability, client accessibility and collaboration with external stakeholders.
Working in a business planning for future growth, this will push you to achieve your best as you partner with key stakeholders to create and implement strategies to develop the virtualisation environment, resulting in improving storage and protection of the Institutes extensive information holdings. You will ensure a focus on client self-service and increased cloud services integration in solutions developed.
You will monitor, maintain and report on the performance of AIMS Storage, Virtual Service and Data Protection systems, ensuring patches and updates are applied in a managed approach. At AIMS, the way we work guides our team members' on their collective journey towards the successful delivery of our AIMS Strategy 2025 targets.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions. In line with our Enterprise Agreement, the successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- AIMS AOF Level 4 salary ($87,690 to $99,790 per annum) plus 15.4% superannuation
- Free Onsite Gym and Optional Fitness passport
- 9-day fortnight
- Flexible Work Arrangements considered (including tele-working where possible)
- Generous leave provisions
- Full-time, Permanent opportunity
- Located in Townsville (Qld). Commuter car arrangements to site
- Relocation Assistance available
- Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies.
- AIMS strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whilst it is not currently a mandatory requirement for this role, AIMS reserves the right to review its position and policy on mandatory vaccinations. It may therefore become a mandatory requirement for this role in the future.
You will have substantial experience working with enterprise level data storage systems and concepts such as directory structures and access controls, as well as the ability to design directory structures and associated security requirements for a small to medium enterprise. Well versed in installing and administering enterprise grade virtualisation technologies, you will also be experienced in:
- Enterprise authentication systems such as Active Directory and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
- Windows PCs and Microsoft DFS Namescapes
- Best practices for data retention and retrieval of on-premises and cloud-based storage solutions
- Handling a wide range of personal and confidential information, well known for your professionalism, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud computing environments, hyperconverged concepts like VMware vSan and Nutanix Acropolis, and UNIX and Linux template design and deployments would be highly desirable.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the position description, which is included in the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully the deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find a link to our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description, which are detailed in the Candidate Information Pack.
Submitting your Application: Please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, resume and cover letter) ready to attach to your online application form via our e-recruitment system which can be accessed via the "apply now" button below.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries are to be directed to Darren Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: MONDAY, 11 July 2022 (midnight, AEST).
The Australian Institute of Marine Science acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land and sea on which we work. We recognise the unique relationships and enduring cultural and spiritual connection that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have to land and sea, and pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.