The Australian Institute of Marine Science is Australia’s tropical marine research agency.
We are a trusted advisor, a partner and employer of choice, and we value integrity, innovation, collaboration and respect.
AIMS’ research of Australia’s tropical marine ecosystems guides their effective environmental management, and contributes to our understanding of similar ecosystems around the world. Our research seeks to deliver practical benefit to all Australians and supports the sustainable use our tropical marine estate. Governments, reef managers, industry and the wider community look to our high-quality, long-term research for informed decisions about our iconic Great Barrier Reef, North-West Shelf, and Arafura and Timor Seas.
AIMS expert teams at our locations in Townsville, Darwin and Perth have access to world-class infrastructure, unique datasets, cutting-edge laboratories, and a fleet of modern research vessels. At AIMS, the way we work guides our team members’ on their collective journey towards the successful delivery our AIMS Strategy 2025 targets.
About this Opportunity
The Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Services team provides computing and telephony resources, systems and infrastructure to enable our science experts to build Australia’s national marine science capability so that together we can meet the challenges facing our marine estate. Our capability and capacity for ongoing internal and external stakeholder connectivity over our geographical footprint is fundamental to our ability to securely communicate including the sharing of scientific data and information.
As the Helpdesk Operator you will provide ICT systems support to staff across AIMS’ geographical footprint as a first call respondent for Help desk requests, including diagnosing and problem-solving enquiries across various hardware and software platforms. You will be responsible for managing the Helpdesk database, including the setup and induction of new users to AIMS’ IT systems. You will also provide general systems administration support to our ICT Technicians including monitoring and responding to security threats.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions which are detailed in our Enterprise Agreement. The successful candidate for this exciting opportunity will be rewarded with:
- AIMS AOF Level 2 Salary ($53,332 to $65,319 per annum)
- 15.4% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Full-time, 3-year opportunity
- Located in Perth, Western Australia
You will have excellent demonstrated experience and proven success in problem-solving within a dynamic IT Helpdesk environment providing client support with well-developed communication skills. This will be supported by your Certificate IV in Information Technology or a related field, or equivalent experience, and the ability to demonstrate your experience in:
- Supporting Windows based workstations including a high level of experience with Windows 10;
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in supporting the Microsoft Office suite of products (Office 2016/365);
- Service Desk software in the provision of incident, service request, knowledge management and reporting; and
- PC configuration including installation and setup of Windows Operating Systems and Office applications.
1. Non-Australian Citizens must hold an appropriate Visa with working entitlements that allows paid employment with AIMS for the term of the appointment, depending on the relevant Department of Home Affairs current policies.
2. AIMS strongly encourages all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whilst it is not currently a mandatory requirement for this role, AIMS reserves the right to review its position and policy on mandatory vaccinations. It may therefore become a mandatory requirement for this role in the future.
Further information about this exciting and challenging opportunity is outlined in the Candidate Information Pack which is available to download below. If, after reviewing the Candidate Information Pack, you believe that your qualifications, experience, and professional capabilities will enable you to successfully deliver the position responsibilities, we would be very interested in hearing from you.
Below you will also find our Recruitment Application Guide which details the necessity to submit your statements addressing your suitability against the selection criteria within the scope of the position description, which is detailed in the Candidate Information Pack.
Submitting your Application: Prior to clicking on the APPLY NOW button below, please ensure that you have your completed documents (selection criteria responses, CV, and cover letter) ready to attach to your on-line application form.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Position enquiries can be directed to Darren Wilson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 9.00am AWST, Monday 30 May 2022.
The Australian Institute of Marine Science acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land and sea on which we work. We recognise the unique relationships and enduring cultural and spiritual connection that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have to land and sea, and pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.