Contract Specialist, Townsville, closing 19 November 2018
21312 - Townsville, Queensland
The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) is Australia's tropical marine research agency.
Through our highly skilled and innovative staff, state-of-the-art infrastructure, strong national and international collaborative relationships and valued technical support, we are helping to protect and build Australia’s national marine science capability.
AIMS operates from facilities in Darwin and Perth with its head office located in Townsville in Far North Queensland.
About this Opportunity
As a contract or commercial procurement specialist, you will join our Commercial Services Group and provide mid level contract and commercial advice and expertise to our staff and external stakeholders on a range of contractual agreements, and other commercial matters of importance to the Institute.
Your focus will be on:
- Assisting AIMS’ senior lawyers and Contracts Officer with contract negotiations;
- Preparing and reviewing contract documentation;
- Providing contractual and commercial advice to internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ensuring compliance with the Institute’s policies and procedures as and where applicable.
The successful appointee will be engaged through an external labour hire arrangement and will have access to attractive working conditions including a 9-day fortnight, generous leave entitlements, a salary range of $64,793 – $94,034 plus 15.4% superannuation. This is a maternity leave replacement role, available for an immediate start to July 2019 and will be based in the Townsville office.
You will be an experienced contract specialist or a commercial lawyer with post-admission experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A successful track record of negotiating and managing detailed contract arrangements;
- Experience providing sound contract and commercial advice to internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including well developed contract drafting skills;
- Tertiary qualifications and industry experience in a procurement or related discipline; and
- Previous experience working in government or a university and/or a scientific or research environment (optional but highly desirable).
Download the position description from the link below. Candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for the role.
Position enquiries can be directed to Peter Coumbis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on Monday 19 November 2018.
apply now Position Description
Submitting your application
Electronic applications may be received up to midnight on the specified closing date.
Applications can be submitted via the APPLY NOW link above. Alternatively your complete application can be emailed to: