21346 Project Accountant
21346 - Townsville, Queensland
The Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS) is Australia’s tropical marine research agency.
Our research into some of Australia’s iconic marine ecosystems guides their management and that of similar systems around the world. We do marine science that has practical benefit to the real world, providing high quality, large-scale and long-term research that is used by governments, industry and the wider community to make informed decisions about the Great Barrier Reef, North-West Shelf and Arafura and Timor Seas.
AIMS researchers at our locations in Townsville, Darwin and Perth have access to the best tools and equipment like the National Sea Simulator, cutting edge laboratories and our fleet of research vessels.
About this Opportunity
An exciting opportunity is available for a resourceful Project Accountant to provide high level financial support to our Institute. You will work within our Corporate Finance team reporting to our Finance Manager and will provide advice and expertise to our staff on a range of financial and budgeting matters. Your focus will be on:
- Providing financial information and assistance to science research teams;
- Preparing project costings and budget documents for science research teams;
- Producing complex financial reports and assisting in the compilation of end of period reports and annual financial statements;
- Managing invoicing, receipts, general ledger, journal entries and reconciliations for accounts; and
- Assisting in the preparation and coordination of end of month processing.
Apply now and join a world leading organisation with attractive working conditions. The successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- AOF Level 4 Salary ($82,632 – 94,034 per annum)
- 15.4% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Located in Townsville, Queensland
This is a maternity leave replacement contract role, available for an immediate start for up to 12 months.
You will be an experienced Project Accountant with tertiary qualifications in Commerce or a related discipline and will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including highly developed analytical skills;
- Experience producing quality financial reports, costing statements and budgets;
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks in a team environment;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and complete financial information to set deadlines;
- Experience using TechnologyOne accounting software (desirable); and
- CPA/CA or equivalent qualifications or near completion (desirable).
If this opportunity is something you are interested in, please download the application information, position description and selection criteria from the links below. Candidates are advised that applications must include statements addressing the selection criteria.
Position enquiries can be directed to Jason Davidson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to complete a personal outlook analysis questionnaire using the Birkman Method.
Applications close Sunday 21 July 2019.
apply now Position Description application guide
Submitting your application
Electronic applications may be received up to midnight on the specified closing date.
Applications can be submitted via the APPLY NOW link above. Alternatively your complete application can be emailed to: