Sustainable coastal ecosystems and industries in tropical Australia
Program leader: Dr Richard Brinkman
The coastal program delivers science relating to the critical issue of cumulative stressors in a broad range of tropical marine habitats arising from coastal and catchment development, in the context of shelf-scale ecosystem drivers.
- Develop strategic research and effective solutions for the management and control of crown-of-thorns (COTS) starfish.
- Assess the resilience of GBR inshore ecosystems in response to water quality.
- Develop regional models of coastal environmental condition and function.
- Determine the impacts of known and emerging contaminants.
- Identify zones of influence of and biological responses to dredging activities.
- Understanding and managing COTS outbreaks.
- Oceanography and coastal impacts.
- Impacts of sediments and dredging.