Work experience and volunteering opportunities
AIMS Researchers regularly supervise students completing undergraduate and postgraduate studies. When available, the Institute offers high school students the opportunity to undertake work experience programs within its research areas. To be considered for work experience, students must hold a minimum of year 11 schooling.
Volunteering opportunities are also available for people with training in fields of direct interest to the Institute. Please contact the Research Team Leader in your field of interest to learn more about the opportunities currently available.
Work experience or voluntary opportunities within AIMS may be available in the following research and corporate and support areas:
- Tropical Marine Biodiversity
- Water Quality and Ecosystem Health
- Climate Change and Ocean Acidification
- Marine Microbes and Symbioses
- Human Resources
- Administration Services
- Financial Services
- Commercial Services and Legal Relations
- Library Services
- Science Communications and Media Relations
- Marine, Dive and Field Operations
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services
- Information Technology and Data Centre
- Analytical Services (Chemical Analysis)
- Supply and Property Services
To register your interest for work experience or voluntary opportunities which best meet your interests, skills and experience, please complete the Employment Registration Form using the link below.
All volunteers or work experience students to AIMS workplaces must be sponsored by an AIMS employee.
For further enquiries, please contact the Recruitment Administrator via:
Phone: +61 (07) 4753 4260
Postal: PMB 3
Townsville Mailing Centre
Townsville Qld 4810