Work Experience and Volunteering Opportunities
AIMS Researchers regularly supervise students completing undergraduate and postgraduate studies. When available, the Institute offers high school students the opportunity to undertake work experience programs within its research areas.
Volunteering opportunities are available for people with training in fields of direct interest to the Institute.
Work experience or voluntary opportunities within AIMS may be available in the following research, operational and corporate areas:
Operational and Corporate Teams:
- Human Resources
- Administration Services
- Financial Services
- Commercial Services and Legal Relations
- Library Services
- Science Communications and Media Relations
- Marine, Dive and Field Operations
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Services
- Information Technology
- Software Development and Website
- Analytical Services (Chemical Analysis)
- Supply and Property Services
To register your interest for work experience or voluntary opportunities which best meet your interests, skills and experience, please complete the Employment Registration Form.
All volunteers and work experience students to AIMS workplaces must be sponsored by an AIMS employee.
For further enquiries, please contact our Recruitment team via:
Phone: +61 (07) 4753 4260