AIMS has created or participated in an array of joint ventures, strategic alliances and significant collaborations in order to maximise its capacity to deliver high quality science outcomes. Such arrangements increase the critical mass and diversify the skill base that can be applied to answer complex questions about the sustainable use and protection of marine resources.
Major partnerships include:
- Arafura Timor Research Facility (ATRF)
- North Australia Marine Research Alliance (NAMRA)
- ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies (CoECRS)
- Reef Rescue Marine Monitoring Program (MMP)
- National Environmental Research Program Tropical Ecosystems (NERP TE) Hub
- Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS)
- Western Australian Marine Science Institution (WAMSI)
AIMS has working relationships with more than 46 organisations across all Australian states and territories, and in 30 countries around the globe. These partnerships have advanced marine science and produced knowledge-based solutions for marine managers and industries such as oil and gas, fisheries, tourism, aquaculture and environmental biotechnology.